Treatments for breastfeeding moms
What is a wrap?
It is the application of active ingredients on the problem area and fixing them with plastic wrap (you can use food film) for a certain period of time – from half an hour to several hours. They are necessarily done by the course: daily or every other day, usually 10 procedures are recommended. A single application will not be beneficial. The procedure is simple, quite feasible at home, which is especially convenient for new mothers. Wraps after childbirth is an effective solution for any woman.
Why does a young mother need wraps?
Childbirth has brought a number of changes to a woman’s appearance: many of them – for the benefit, for example, high and lush breasts. But with some you will have to work a little bit, so that they as soon as possible began to please the eye again. First of all, recently given birth is worried about flabby abdomen and excess weight – not always “pregnant” pounds remain in the maternity room. You want to start doing some treatments sooner – to remove the abdomen after childbirth and regain your previous weight.
Wraps give a good effect:
- For general weight loss or volume reduction;
- To tighten the skin and restore its elasticity;
- to improve vascular function, and therefore the appearance and color of the skin;
- Elimination of edema by providing lymphatic drainage;
- in a complex cleansing of the body.
And they also lift your spirits, because it is a direct manifestation of self-care, and make a pleasant variety of maternity weekdays.
Wraps after childbirth for breastfeeding moms
If the baby is on formula, of course, there is nothing to worry about: as soon as the body gets a little bit in shape and the doctor will give the okay, you can start exercising and grooming procedures. Of course, if there was a cesarean, the seam must heal completely: with damage to the skin wraps can not do in general. This idea is unlikely to come to mind with cystitis, gynecological problems, gastrointestinal diseases or initially low weight, exhaustion.
During lactation, you should be even more careful: there are a number of contraindications.
What a nursing mother should keep in mind when planning wraps
- The skin is great at absorbing whatever gets on it. This is the effect of wraps. This means that everything that gets on the skin, will be in the blood, and therefore in the milk. Therefore, no “killing” fat-burning compositions – only natural ingredients.
- A hot wrap increases blood flow, therefore it is contraindicated for nursing women. Warming procedures for the abdomen after childbirth are not recommended, as well as for other parts of the body.
- Beware of allergies! Changed hormonal background may react unexpectedly to honey, essential oils and other possible components. It is advisable to make a test first.
What can I wrap myself with during pregnancy?
So, the choice of a nursing mother – cold wraps. They are also very useful: their principle of action is based on increasing lymph flow and deep internal cleaning of tissues. Due to the cooling, the vessels will sharply narrow, and the body will have to spend energy on warming up, which will contribute to the burning of fat cells. And the beneficial substances directly affect the skin. Cold wraps for weight loss after childbirth are allowed in lactation and have a minimum of contraindications.
Here are a few options for mixtures to apply under a wrap:
- Vinegar – bandages are moistened with water and apple cider vinegar 50/50, keep the body under the film for 1-1.5 hours;
- Oil wrap: add a few drops of olive oil to olive oil, to which you are not allergic: peppermint, grapefruit, juniper, grape seed, almond (to apply for 0.5-1 hour);
- clay – you need blue clay, dilute the powder with water at room temperature, you can keep on the body for up to 2 hours;
- Potato – grate raw potatoes, add menthol or mint drops and keep them under a film for up to an hour and a half;
- algae – you will need to buy ready-made or take algae for a hot wrap, but soak them in cool water for 30 minutes, without heating.