- The benefits of taking vitamin complexes in the 1st trimester
- Early Essential Minerals
- Indications for prescribing in the 1st trimester
- Which microelements should be emphasized
- Vitamin and mineral complexes for the first trimester
- Products containing the minerals necessary for pregnant women in the 1st trimester
- How long to take multivitamins
Vitamins in early pregnancy are necessary for every expectant mother. This allows you to fill the deficiency of nutrients, maintain immunity at the proper level and make sure that the entire period of bearing a child passes easily. The best vitamins are vitamin-mineral complexes that contain the required daily dose. Before taking them, you should consult with your doctor.
At the beginning of pregnancy, it is very important for the expectant mother to monitor her health. After the initial consultation with your doctor and passing all the necessary tests, you may need to take certain vitamins in the early stages of pregnancy. This is necessary in order for both the expectant mother and her child to feel healthy.
The benefits of taking vitamin complexes in the 1st trimester
From the first weeks of bearing a baby, the body of the expectant mother begins to work for two. This leads to an increase in nutrient requirements. For pregnant women in the first trimester, the most important minerals are:
- Folic acid. Its benefit is to fully form the nervous and cardiovascular system in a child. If there is a noticeable lack of B9, this can cause spontaneous abortion;
- Yod. From the first days, it is necessary for the mother’s thyroid gland to function normally. Also, this substance contributes to the full development of the mental and physical abilities of the child;
- Group B. Influence the full formation and development of the fetus;
- Q12. Its benefit is to promote better absorption of folic acid. It also provides anemia prevention. At the beginning of bearing a child, it helps to prevent the occurrence of nausea and vomiting;
- Zinc. Stimulates the processes of skin regeneration and hair growth, has an immunomodulatory effect. With zinc deficiency, the formation of malformations of various organs and systems is possible;
- Calcium. Participates in many metabolic processes, and is also necessary for the formation of the child’s skeleton. With a deficiency of this mineral, there may be problems with teeth, severe toxicosis, and there is a risk of developing arterial hypertension.
- With vitamin A or retinol in the early stages, you need to be careful. With its excessive intake, malformations of the breed may occur. It also affects the full development of the organs of vision and skeletons of the baby.
- Lutein. It prevents the fall of vision, and also has a beneficial effect on the formation of the brain and intelligence of the child.
- Rutin. From the first days of bearing a child, it strengthens the vascular system, makes the capillary walls more elastic, and reduces blood stasis in the veins.
What trace elements are needed in the first trimester and in what dosage, only the attending physician should decide. To do this, you will first need to pass all the necessary tests and, based on existing deficiencies, vitamin-mineral complexes will be selected.
Early Essential Minerals
What vitamins to drink in early pregnancy? Gynecologists, as a rule, advise taking the following trace elements:
- B9 or folic acid;
- Group B;
Each of these trace elements has a specific benefit for the body. But in addition to the beneficial effects, it should be borne in mind that the effect depends on how correctly the dosage is chosen. The above vitamins in early pregnancy can be taken in different forms: as capsules individually, as a multivitamin, in natural products. Each of these forms of admission has both pros and cons.
It should be borne in mind that in the early stages of pregnancy, vitamins can be absorbed in different ways. It depends on the general condition of the expectant mother, deficiencies of minerals and nutrients.
Indications for prescribing in the 1st trimester
In the first months of bearing a child, the laying of the main organs and systems of the baby takes place. Therefore, the lack of trace elements can cause irreparable harm to both the mother and the child’s body. If you do not take vitamins in the early stages of pregnancy, then because of this, cardiac activity is disturbed, problems arise with digestion and the functioning of the baby’s nervous system.
In early pregnancy, vitamins must be taken in order to maintain normal health and avoid possible complications. This will also help prevent exhaustion of the body and make it possible to better prepare for childbirth. To find out all the necessary trace elements, you must first consult a doctor.
Which microelements should be emphasized
When visiting the pharmacy for the first time, the expectant mother may be confused because of the large assortment of various vitamins for pregnancy . In this regard, a logical question arises: what useful substances should be emphasized? To choose the right complex for you, you should follow certain tips, namely:
- Ask your pharmacist for a multi-vitamin/mineral formula designed specifically for the first trimester. In the 2nd and 3rd trimesters, the need for nutrients increases, which means that the daily intake of trace elements changes. An overdose of vitamins in early pregnancy is just as dangerous as their lack;
- Preference should be given to a balanced composition containing the minerals necessary in the 1st trimester. At a minimum, the preparation must contain folic acid, other trace elements, iodine, zinc. Ideally, the complex should be enriched with lutein and rutin. The benefits of the complex directly depend on the dosage of minerals that are included in its composition;
- As part of vitamins for early pregnancy, in addition to trace elements, components of plant origin should not be present. They are the most common cause of allergic reactions.
You can enhance the effect of taking vitamins in early pregnancy if you follow a proper diet. In turn, doctors recommend starting taking multivitamins at the stage of planning the conception of an unborn child. For the body of the mother, this will serve as a kind of preparation.
Vitamin and mineral complexes for the first trimester
What vitamins to drink in the 1st trimester of pregnancy? This question worries many mothers. The difficulty in choosing is due to the fact that vitamin-mineral complexes are presented in a very large assortment and at first glance there is absolutely no difference between them. The table below shows the best complexes that are optimal for all expectant mothers.
|Name of the complex||Features||Taking drugs||Effect|
|Orthomol Natal||Orthomolecular vitamins for early pregnancy. It contains elements of group B – B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12, as well as C, D, E, K.||Every day you need to take 3 capsules and 5 tablets . You can focus on your own wishes: before or during a meal. The probiotic capsule should be taken in the evening.||Proper functioning of the mother’s immune, endocrine and hematopoietic systems. Development of the brain, skeleton, sensory organs and basic systems of the child. Supports metabolism and normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.|
|Elevit Pronatal||Contains all the minerals and trace elements that a future mother and her child need: A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B7, B9 , B12, C, D3, E, calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, phosphorus.||Reception of a vitamin-mineral complex should be carried out only if there are proper indications. It is recommended to take 1 tablet in the morning with food, without chewing.||Proper development of the fetus, support for normal metabolism, synthesis of essential amino acids and neurotransmitters. Prevention of anemia and eclampsia.|
|Solgar. Folic acid||These are very good vitamins in early pregnancy. The preparation contains 400 micrograms of folic acid, which is a daily dose.||Take 1 tablet once with meals.||Prevents placental abruption and abortion. It also reduces the risk of developing anemia and intrauterine fetal pathologies (neural tube defect, mental retardation).|
|Swiss Energy Iron Active Complex||Each tablet contains 15 grams of active iron, as well as active auxiliary components – copper, A, B6, B9, B12 , C, E.||Take 1 tablet daily after meals. Taking the drug should last no more than 5 days, then only as agreed with the doctor.||This preparation contains iron in the form in which it is part of hemoglobin. Therefore, taking these vitamins in early pregnancy enhances iron absorption by 12%. Provides prevention of anemia, as well as protection against many serious complications.|
|Prenatal Multivit||This is the optimal vitamin complex in early pregnancy. Its main advantage is the long-term release of active ingredients. The composition contains elements A, B1, B2, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12, C, D3, E, K2, PP, as well as calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, manganese.||According to the instructions, it is recommended to take 1 capsule per day with a glass of water during or after a meal. The duration of taking these vitamins in early pregnancy should not exceed 30 days.||Prevents intrauterine development disorders, supports the health of the expectant mother, contributes to the normal maturation of the fetus. They create a favorable immune and endocrine background.|
Products containing the minerals necessary for pregnant women in the 1st trimester
In addition to taking vitamins in early pregnancy, you need to pay attention to changing your diet. Moreover, during the period of bearing a child, special emphasis must be placed on healthy foods. These include:
- Foods with folic acid. This substance reduces the risks of possible anomalies and promotes the proper development of the neural tube, which further affects the formation of the brain. Folic acid is predominant in lettuce, spinach, and parsley, as well as asparagus, beans, lentils, citrus fruits, nuts, liver, avocados, and eggs;
- Products with microelement E. There is a lot of this substance in nuts, sunflower and soybean oil, dried apricots, sea buckthorn, rose hips, salmon and pike perch. It is necessary for the female sex hormones to fully work and form the placenta;
- Products with vitamin A. There are a lot of them in the liver, wild garlic, viburnum, garlic, eel and butter. It is essential for good cell division.
These vitamins in early pregnancy will benefit not only the expectant mother, but also the child. Due to the fact that trace elements enter the body in their natural form, their value for the body increases several times.
How long to take multivitamins
Under ideal circumstances, the situation should look like this. Prior to the start of planning, partners pass an analysis for the level of minerals and trace elements. According to the results, the deficits are covered with appropriate drugs. But such situations rarely develop. Therefore, it is better to start taking vitamin complexes in the first months, as soon as a child has been conceived.
Throughout the entire period of bearing a child, periodically it is required to control the level of nutrients in the blood. Trace elements should be taken only on the basis of medical indications. Therefore, before you start taking vitamins in early pregnancy, you should consult with your doctor. He will give further recommendations based on the analyzes carried out and their results.
Even from the first week, the expectant mother should start taking care of her health. To do this, it is recommended to take vitamins in early pregnancy only on the basis of test results and general well-being. Preference should be given to vitamin and mineral complexes that contain the required daily dose of all minerals and trace elements.