Useful tips for pregnant women in the third trimester
When the birth of the child is getting closer and closer, in the third trimester of pregnancy, a woman is faced with questions regarding the lifestyle during this period:
- What is the best mode to establish in the 3rd trimester?
- What should not be done by pregnant women in the third trimester?
- Can I take a bath in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy?
Detailed answers to these questions are given below.
Regimen of the day: what are the peculiarities of the 3rd trimester?
The regime in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy should include:
- Moderately prolonged sleep. For the 3rd trimester it is 8-10 hours. If necessary, an additional hour of daytime sleep is included in the daily routine – as a rule, a woman on maternity leave can afford it. Healthy sleep is the key to getting strength, energy and vigor for the whole day.
- Eating multiple meals per hour. During this period, it is worth increasing the number of meals while reducing portions. This will prevent excessive weight gain, and also stimulate digestion, not giving the appearance of problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
- Walks in the fresh air. According to labor law, from 30 weeks of pregnancy, a woman has the right to go on maternity leave. This time is allocated in order to prepare for childbirth as responsibly as possible. Daily walks in the fresh air are beneficial for the woman and the baby, if the doctor has not recommended otherwise.
- Physical activity is the best way to prepare a woman for childbirth. Special complexes for pregnant women in late pregnancy are taught in antenatal clinics and fitness clubs. If you want to study independently, you can resort to the services of an online course: here, in addition to a set of exercises there is the possibility of consulting specialists in various fields.
Based on the above principles and the recommendations of the gynecologist, an individual regime of the day is compiled, depending on the characteristics and habits of each woman.
What pregnant women shouldn’t do in the third trimester: cautions for future moms
Tips for pregnant women in the 3rd trimester include precautions from different areas of life: nutrition, self-care, rest, sleep, daily chores – in everything at this stage, you should think through the consequences to avoid unpleasant situations.
In general terms, the forbidden list for the 3rd trimester looks as follows:
- fatty foods;
- carbonated drinks;
- Lifting heavy weights, physical overexertion;
- stress, emotional outbursts;
- overheating or freezing;
- neglecting to see a doctor;
- Self-treatment with pharmaceuticals and folk remedies;
- inappropriate exercise.
More detailed recommendations and explanations for each item can be obtained from your gynecologist, as well as from the specialists of the online course. A nutritionist, doctor, psychologist, yoga coach, and pharmacist work on the program – they will answer questions of interest and warn against mistakes and give recommendations on their profile.
Bathing for pregnant women in the 3rd trimester – a forbidden pleasure?
The question of the safety of taking a bath often worries pregnant women, because for many it is a familiar and proven way of relaxation. In general, taking a bath is not prohibited even in the later stages of pregnancy. However, additional conditions for relaxation in the bathroom are still there:
- Late term women are clumsy because of their enlarged abdomen. To prevent injuries and falls you should put a rubber mat on the bottom of the tub. Getting in and out of the bathtub is desirable with the help of a close relative or husband – this sensible show of care will additionally keep the expectant mother safe.
- Hot water will provoke premature birth. Therefore, you should soak in warm water just above room temperature.
Following these recommendations will make relaxation safe and comfortable.