Staple the abdomen after childbirth
It usually takes about a year for the abdominal muscles to recover after childbirth. But if you wish, this process can be accelerated. To do this, you should regularly perform special exercises to strengthen the deep abdominal muscles and the pelvic floor, work with the back and posture, and do massages. An important aspect is also a proper diet. A method such as abdominal taping after childbirth will also help eliminate problems related to muscle tone and loose skin. Let’s understand how tapes affect the abdomen after childbirth.
What is taping?
Taping (kinesiotaping) is the application of special adhesive tapes to damaged areas of the body to restore them. These special tapes are called tapes, which are glued to the skin with a hypoallergenic adhesive for several hours or even days. The procedure is completely safe and painless. The tapes do not cause discomfort and do not restrict movement.
Benefits of abdominal taping after childbirth
Taping the abdomen after childbirth has a lot of advantages compared to wearing a bandage: it is cheap, effective, discreet, convenient. The tapes are hypoallergenic, moisture-resistant, permeable and airtight. They take some of the load, helping the muscles to work properly and not stretch even more. It is a mistake to think that tapes strengthen muscles. They only help weakened muscles not to overstretch. But in order to keep your stomach taut and your body healthy, you need exercise. And they can be done directly with tapes.
What problems does taping solve?
Tapes applied to the abdomen solve such problems after childbirth as:
- Sagging, sagging, stretch marks. Tape will help to bring flabby muscles into tone, reduce stretching.
- Diastasis. Divergence of the peritoneal muscles is called diastasis. This is promoted by the growth of the uterus during pregnancy. After delivery, the muscles should come back together, but this does not always happen. Hence the bulging abdomen. Taping can help solve this problem.
- Cellulite. Applying tapes on the abdomen as well as on the thighs or buttocks eliminates cellulite. Their use helps to improve blood circulation, which makes the skin even out and removes swelling.
When can I begin using taping?
Taping the abdomen can be applied from 2-3 weeks after the birth of the child, but it is advisable to consult with your gynecologist before using it. Your doctor will tell you whether it is allowed to use tapes and how to apply them correctly in order to reanimate muscles and remove stretch marks. Particular attention should be paid to this issue for women who gave birth by cesarean section.
How to use taping correctly?
The final result of the technique will depend on the correct application of tapes on the abdomen. To properly taping the abdomen after childbirth it is necessary, first of all, to prepare the body for the procedure.
Preparing for taping:
To do this, you need to epilate the abdomen and the upper part of the pubis. Then degrease the skin with an alcohol wipe. You need to hold the tapes in your hands to warm them up. After preparation, you can begin applying the tapes.
- For lymph drainage taping, you will need 3 tapes, which should be cut in the form of a fan into 6 strips. The base of each fan must be glued to the lymph node. The intra-abdominal lymph node is in the middle, just below the chest between the ribs, and the other two are inguinal, left and right. The tapes should be glued in a wave-like pattern with minimal tension.
- For diastasis taping, lie on your back and tape 2 tapes parallel to the sides of the diastasis.
If the tapes are applied correctly, they will not stiffen your movements, become clumpy or get in the way. After 5-7 days, the tapes should be removed for 2-3 days.
Warning! For the first application of tapes it is better to consult a specialist to see how to do it correctly. The best effect is achieved with active physical activity.
The postpartum recoverycourse focuses on the abdominal muscles, pelvic floor, back and body workout. There is also a lot of information about proper nutrition. All this in combination allows you to restore not only the appearance of the body, but also internal health.