Table of Contents
How to prepare for childbirth?
Preparing for childbirth is an important process. With proper preparation, pregnancy and birth will be easier and smoother. The period of pregnancy and childbirth itself includes physical, physiological and psychological aspects.
Physical activity as preparation for childbirth
Exercise helps not only before but also during labor.
- Kegel Exercise. Pregnant women help prepare the body for the birth process. To understand which muscles need to be engaged, remember how the body is activated when you have to wait in line to go to the bathroom. These are the muscles that are being trained. If you can’t remember, you can interrupt the process several times in the “ladies room”. Tense and relax the muscles 50 times.
- Swimming. It helps to relax the back and prepare the breath. To begin with, be sure to take a few lessons with a trainer or in a group. They will teach you how to breathe and move properly.
- Regular walks on foot. On long terms, a bandage helps to avoid pain and discomfort by supporting the tummy and the baby.
- Yoga. Exercising during pregnancy is possible and necessary. Different asanas are applicable for each trimester of pregnancy. You can read more on momslab.com.
It is not necessary to exercise if your doctor forbids it.
Preparing for the first birth
If possible, a girl can choose a maternity hospital. This way it will be easier during the birth. The place is already familiar. The nursing staff sometimes makes concessions and shows the rooms, if they are not occupied by women in labor. It is important to plan in advance how to get there. An ambulance, your husband by car or one of your relatives.
You can learn more about preparing for the first birth on mama-polis.ru. There is a course of birth preparation, which contains video lectures by doctors. It consists of 10 lectures:
- Pregnancy by trimester.
- Nutrition and lifestyle.
- How do I know when labor has started?
- Labor has started.
- The first hours after labor.
- What labor can be like.
- After labor.
- Features of newborns.
- Peculiarities of taking care of a baby in the first year of life.
What to take with you?
Usually the list of necessary things hangs in the medical facility. They may vary slightly. Also the doctor will tell you about it.
- Documents: SNILS, passport, policy, birth certificate and exchange card. This is needed for registration.
- For yourself: a change of shoes, slippers and slippers, personal hygiene items and some nightgowns. It is best to bring a bottle of water, a book and a light snack. There is no need to pack a lot of things. Later, relatives will be able to pass them on. Disposable diapers for examinations. Disposable panties. They will be practical and comfortable. Post-op pads. You can take a ready-made maternity kit.
- For the baby: disposable diapers and diapers (at the rate of 7-8 per day), pacifier and clothes. A discharge kit can be brought by relatives.
All this is asked to be brought in bags. Bags are not accepted.
There are things that are not on the list, but they will come in handy:
- A breast pump will save you if milk comes unexpectedly, but there is a lot of time before feeding. You can squeeze with your hands, but it will make the process easier.
- Nipple cream to heal cracks will help quickly deal with the problem. Not only the girl, but also the baby is learning how to feed. That is why this problem arises.
- Inserts in the bra will protect it from cream or leakage of milk.
- Prenatal bandage comes in handy after a cesarean section. It supports.
- Powder and diaper cream may not come in handy, but it is better to take with you.
It is important to remember about the state of mind. Both the process and the rest of your life are scary. After all, everything will change. You need to think in a positive way. The course “The path to birth” will dispel myths about pregnancy. So there will be less reason to worry.
- Salt baths. 10-15 minutes is enough. The procedure relaxes the body and nerves, relieves swelling, increases skin elasticity and elasticity.
- Yoga. Classes help you physically and mentally.
- Breathing practices. It is desirable to practice at the same time. Ventilate the room, turn on soft and quiet music, sit in a comfortable position with a straight back. Watch your breath for 5-7 minutes. As you exhale, try to relax and let go of all the negativity. Momslab.com has videos on different types of breathing for pregnant women.