Pregnancy. An expected and awe-inspiring period. Today there are accurate and affordable methods to determine pregnancy. Among them are the drugstore rapid test, which helps to get a probable result with high accuracy in a few minutes, and the blood test for the hCG hormone. But, what about other symptoms and methods to determine pregnancy without a test?
When do the signs of pregnancy come
The first signs of pregnancy can come at completely different times. It depends on how the pregnancy proceeds, and on the individual characteristics of the body. Some women feel changes in their bodies from the first week of conception, others may not feel external signs and the third month.
However, there is a likely sign of pregnancy without a test, which is difficult to miss – changes in the cycle. At the same time, it is worth noting that delayed periods can be a sign of diseases of various types.
What are the signs and symptoms of pregnancy
Signs of pregnancy are more or less average. You will not necessarily encounter all of them, but changes in the body can make themselves known from different angles.
The most common first signs of pregnancy:
- As we mentioned above, the first way to determine pregnancy without a test is a delayed menstrual period. After fertilization of the egg, the endometrium of the uterus is not rejected. This leads to a complete stoppage of the period.
- Toxicosis. Another symptom that is rarely avoided. Toxicosis can occur at any stage of pregnancy. Mostly, girls experience early toxicosis. It includes morning sickness, dizziness, changes in the perception of smells and tastes.
- Painful sensations in the chest and pelvic area. The organs of women’s health undergo changes first. Your breasts swell, your nipples become more sensitive, and your lower abdomen becomes sore and painful.
- Frequent urge to urinate.
- Excessive fatigue.
However, you should not lose your head if any of these signs appear, or even if the symptoms appear as a whole. Such a condition may characterize the presence of any diseases, upcoming menstruation, passing ovulation. It is worth resorting to ways to determine pregnancy without the test, which is guaranteed, or with the highest probability, will confirm and interesting situation.
Ways to determine pregnancy without a test
Of course, it is better to take an express test or take a blood test for the presence of hCG hormone, if you have reason to suspect pregnancy. But what to do if you can not do it at the moment, and to get at least some results well want? You can resort to several home methods to determine pregnancy without a test that can be done at home.
- Collect your morning urine in a clean container and add 1 teaspoon of baking soda. If the baking soda does not react with the urine and just settles to the bottom of the container, you are most likely pregnant.
- You can also boil the morning urine and leave it in a glass container. If you find a white sediment at the bottom, you are pregnant.
- Also, to determine pregnancy without a test, you can soak a strip of white blank paper (cut it from an A4 sheet) in iodine. Dip the soaked paper into a container of morning urine. The positive result will show purple.
- Mix the morning urine with a weak solution of manganese. If you are pregnant, the solution will turn white. If you are not, the original color will not change.
- Measuring your basal temperature can help determine if you are pregnant. The test should be done in the morning immediately after waking up, even without getting out of bed. If the temperature remains at 37 degrees for several days, the pregnancy is likely to be confirmed.
You can use any method to determine pregnancy without a test, or you can combine them together and test according to the methodology of each item.
Reliability of the methods
All these methods are simple and give a high probability of an accurate result of determining pregnancy without a test However, it is worth understanding that such home tests cannot be considered exhaustive. It is only a signal that it is time to go to a laboratory for formal blood tests.
Determination without a test at the doctor’s office
It is possible to determine pregnancy without a test in the office of a gynecologist. A specialist after examination will be able to conclude with a high degree of probability on the presence or absence of pregnancy. What does the gynecologist pay attention to?
- Swelling of the genitals. The high density of the labia is caused by a rush of blood, which the specialist will see in the first place.
- The second step is to examine the vagina for a change in color. The walls become dark in color, up to purple.
- Evaluate the mucus secreted. It becomes more dense, viscous and transparent.
- Further, the specialist palpates the ovaries, tubes, and uterine appendages for the fact of enlargement.
- The condition of the posterior vaginal fornix is also evaluated. When pregnancy occurs, it becomes flat.
Now you know how to determine pregnancy at home without a test, and as you can see, it is not difficult to do without tests. You can do the initial tests yourself at home, and once you get the result, you can turn to traditional diagnostic methods. It is important that all methods of determining pregnancy without a test are safe, do not require direct contact with you, and are not harmful to the course of a possible pregnancy.